By providing local Caseworkers and Befrienders The Hull Branch gives assistance, support and welfare within the Hull area to the entire local RAF Family.

The Royal Air Forces Association (or RAF Association), is a membership organisation and registered charity that provides welfare support to the RAF Family.

Whether it’s an injured airman fighting to get back on his feet, a young child missing their parent away on overseas operations, or a WWII veteran needing a shoulder to lean on, the Royal Air Forces Association is here to help all generations of RAF Service personnel and their families.

We offer welfare and family support, much-needed breaks, pension and compensation guidance as well as individual support to help injured personnel realise their potential

Sometimes help is as simple as a visit from a friend

For many elderly veterans living alone, loneliness and isolation is what they find themselves facing, despite the sacrifices they have made for their country.

With the founding belief that this should never be the case, the RAF Association has a UK-wide network of over 540 voluntary Welfare Officers who liaise with ex-RAF personnel and their families in need of support.

Every year, these volunteers undertake almost 68,000 welfare contacts – calls and visits to homes and hospitals; putting people in touch with specialist agencies, assisting with forms for financial help and, very often, simply providing a listening ear.

HWOs and Caseworkers

The RAF Association Honorary Welfare Officers (HWOs) are our vital link to former service personnel in need of support, actively seeking and identifying current or past members of the RAF who are in need or in crisis.

Affiliated to a local RAF Association branch, HWO volunteers are CRB checked and have completed an AIM Awards Level 1 Course.

We are always looking for volunteers of all ages to carry out this important and rewarding work across the country.

In areas where HWOs are in short supply, we also rely on Caseworkers who will take on a higher level of welfare work and handle more complex welfare cases. These workers are Qualified up to Level 2 AIM Awards course (and must have completed AIM Awards Level 1).

Get help, or help us…

If you need our help, contact our Area Welfare Office.

For more information about becoming an HWO or caseworker, please contact your local Area Welfare Office or read the job role and download an application form.